Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ramblings--20090424

CHBC Ramblings
Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Foundations for Families concludes this Sunday
This will be the last of seven messages in our Foundation for Families series. It has been a challenge for me to teach and to seek to put into practice these principles in my own life, and I hope that it has been helpful for you. If we don’t rebuild the foundations for our families, who knows what the next generation will hold? Here are some questions for you: What one thing will you adopt into your family life because of the messages from God? What attitude have you changed because of being reminded of God’s plan for your life and your family?

This Past Sunday
I enjoyed this past Father’s Day—both the service and the time with my own family. It was special to hear Bobby McGuire share some of the stories of his father as a testimony in our worship. What a blessing to have a great example as he did in his father! And I hope all of us fathers were reminded of the great need to pass on a wealth of wisdom to our children. Know someone who needs to hear that message? It can be downloaded in the next few days from our website (www.clairmonthills.org), or a CD can be requested without charge from the church office.

Sabbatical Time in July
Don’t forget—during the month of July, we will have our regular Sunday morning activities of study, fellowship, and worship, but we will take a sabbatical on Sunday evenings and Wednesday evenings. In other words, there will be no activities during those evenings. And most monthly meetings “take off” for the month of July. (Of course, the office will be open as usual.) Tonight (June 24) will be the last Wednesday night for our fellowship meal and weekly activities until August.

A Personal Note
My family and I went to Thomaston, my hometown, last Saturday for my dad’s 80th birthday. It was great to see him, my family, and many old friends. I am grateful that my dad taught me many of the lessons we talked about from Proverbs on Sunday morning. For instance, he really excelled in teaching me about wise financial and business dealings, and he truly taught me the value of hard work. Of the latter, he would say that I have never done any of it myself (and he may be right), but at least I did learn the value of it!

God bless you,

Fred O. Pitts, Pastor
Clairmont Hills Baptist Church

No comments: